The Holyoake Men's Program
offers clients a positive way of dealing with their use of alcohol, drugs or other dependent behaviours. The program consists of twelve sessions over a three to twelve week period (even longer if necessary), whichever is most suitable and beneficial to the client. The program aims, through lectures, group therapy, self-assessment and individual counselling, to create an awareness of alcohol/drug and other dependency issues in relation to the problems experienced by the client. These problems include anger & domestic violence, relationship breakdown, low self esteem, stress, grief, and shame. There is a particular focus on the effects of problem substance use or other dependent behaviours on the family unit.
The program provides an instructive and supportive environment conducive to positive change, and encourages and assists clients to take responsibility for such change.
- Increasing awareness of how alcohol, drugs and other addictions impact on health, family and relationships
- Identifying practical and effective ways of dealing with stress, grief, anger and loneliness
- Developing communication skills and self esteem.
The program is a combination of twelve group sessions and individual counselling, with both day and evening sessions available. Please contact us to book an initial interview to assess how best we can meet your needs.
Young Adults Program (Creating Choices)
provides a group program specifically designed for 18-24 year olds who would like to understand and address their alcohol and drug experiences. This program is interactive and thought provoking, as well as educational and supportive.
The program looks into many of the relevant areas of a young person's life including relationships, communication, self-image and esteem, dependency and relapse, goal setting and future focus, as well as alcohol and any other drug use. Young people are supported in working towards empowering themselves to make their own informed decisions and choices, creating the future that is right for them.
For details of days and times Holyoake's programs run, click here.
- A safe and accepting place to talk about what's happening for them
- Information about the effects of alcohol/drugs
- Strategies on how to quit, cut down and reduce harm of alcohol/drug use
- Information and skills on reduction of stress related issues in their life and in their relationships.